View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 11:26 AM   #83
TheJ
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 118460
Chapter/Region: South East

I liked the review and I'm excited to check one of these out in person.

I always get a laugh out of it every time Subaru updates the WRX how so many fans go bananas about how they have "ruined" it. lol Seriously... It's a value priced car not the mona lisa. The boxer rumble was unique and cool for it's quirkiness but come on... So what that it's gone. And those who are up in arms about the 0-60 times... Really? 0-60 time is a very marginal predictor to overall performance as most people know. Honestly if value priced 0-60 time is anyone's personal ultimate bench mark indicator for awesomeness, then they shouldn't be looking at a Subaru anyway as there are plenty of better options.
The car is simply NOT going to be all things to all people and be value priced...

I'm confident that the STi will be plenty differentiated for the money. At least for those who know there is far more to the picture then peak HP (or even 0-60 times).
Although again if anyone is ignorant enough to base there decision almost entirely on mere peak HP/torque numbers then I'm confident they will again be disappointed. Those people really shouldn't be looking at Subarus anyway.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
TheJ is offline   Reply With Quote