View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 05:11 PM   #90
Muh
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 302689

Quote:
Originally Posted by lingling1337 View Post
The styling is an incredibly important aspect, I would have never gotten into subaru if I wasn't so taken with the styling of the bugeye STi when I was younger. I'm personally not happy to give that up for a couple tenths in the 0-60 (Which is largely unchanged from the 02 models).

The visual character has been watered down with every generation, and that takes away from the appeal of the car. Most of us are enthusiasts who would gladly sacrifice a little performance for a little more fun and character, not racers and engineers playing the numbers game.
Since 2008 global crisis GM sold their part of FHI to Toyota so this is where we got our 08+ from. Softer suspension, inferior brakes, an inferior car overall when compared to the previous generation. Due to the crisis, Subaru cars started to be produced under the lean production concept and that might also explains why there is so much difference between the 07 and 08 generation (both performance- and styling wise). They wanted to raise sales and the hatchback version of WRX apparently has achieved it successfully

Even though the handling appears to be great, benchmarked with Porsche etc etc, I might not buy this new WRX as Subaru lost its essence
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Muh is offline   Reply With Quote