View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 08:45 AM   #96
TheJ
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 118460
Chapter/Region: South East

Quote:
Originally Posted by lingling1337 View Post
I have it on good authority that the STi will not be a major styling change from the WRX... Essentially the WRX + big scoop and wing that we've seen before.

The styling is an incredibly important aspect, I would have never gotten into subaru if I wasn't so taken with the styling of the bugeye STi when I was younger. I'm personally not happy to give that up for a couple tenths in the 0-60 (Which is largely unchanged from the 02 models).

The visual character has been watered down with every generation, and that takes away from the appeal of the car. Most of us are enthusiasts who would gladly sacrifice a little performance for a little more fun and character, not racers and engineers playing the numbers game.
The suggestion that "performance" is not significantly differentiated from the bugeye to the 2015 because the 0-60 time isn't significantly different.... is like suggesting performance is not significantly different between any high school football running back and a current NFL pro-bowler because they may have the similar 40 yard times..
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
TheJ is offline   Reply With Quote