View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013, 01:12 AM   #8
WcW
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 209963

The specs for the N/A cams in an ej25 from 1996 show that the exhaust cam is substantially beefier that the intake, with about .75 mm more lift at the lobe (2.5mm through the rocker?) and 8 degrees more duration. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the situation was reversed on turbo cams as they have different breathing needs and overlap can be counter productive. (then there is the whole pluse/flow turbine thing)

It looks to me like the intake cam has a nose that rides out into the back of the engine for no good purpose and the exhaust does not. Ugh, now I just have to go try it. I do agree that the sprockets will need new holes drilled in them, but otherwise the should be workable, or some combination of offset/swapping therein.

I know that this seems like a trivial matter, but a lot of us have piles and piles of head parts lying around and if there is a way to mix and match (and even drill a little) to make a few more HP then we should be all over it. In the mazda BP engines, hot siding usually garnered between 7-11 hp with no other mods.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
WcW is offline   Reply With Quote