View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013, 09:34 AM   #81
Scooby Newbie
Member#: 367182
Chapter/Region: MAIC
2009 WRX

Originally Posted by Dpik View Post
If I got a wrx I like to think that I would never beat on it.
Don't think like that. That's a bold face lie and you know it. We were all 16 once. And all us tried to race our parents cars before we had our own, and all of us "see what our cars got" after we got our own. Until something serious happens. ie: wreck, ticket, start a family, Etc. Most younger guys will beat on their car at some point.

So either get a beater. Or wait it out for a little while. You live in an area that has harsh winters filled with snow and ice. How are you going to compensate for your raise in insurance if you wreck the wrx.

It never feels good when your parents pay for things for you. When you make the decision to buy your car factor in the what ifs.

And make sure you get the warranty! I had to use mine and I haven't had my 09 for over 4 months. You can't guess when something might go bad.

If you save $500 of the $700 you are making a month you will have $200 dollars of spending money and after a year you will have $6000 to put down on a decent hawkeye. And you'd have lower payments and insurance.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Jrmills is offline   Reply With Quote