Vehicle:
2011 WRX Sedan
PD Satin Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00by4life View Post
That is super jank.

Plasti dipping your car is jank.

And looks about 1/10th as good.
The first thing people usually ask me is "where did I get the vinyl wrap done?".

It's ok sc00by4life, haters gonna hate, bla bla bla. You sound like a big car snob but thats ok, we all love our Subarus. Dont talk trash about the quality of somebody elses work unless you see if first hand. Maybe if YOU dip a car it will look like crap but when I dip a car people have a hard time determining if its vinyl or PD. There are amazing things you can do with vinyl, there are pretty cool things you can do with dip as well. There are a certain breed of car guys that think both methods are ricer and junk. I say F them, its my car and I'll do what I want.

Oh and the initial investment was $530 including shipping to my door. That allowed me to dip my car TWICE. I have since dipped numerous wheels, parts and a couple other cars with the equipment from that purchase. You can get the job done with a $60 Graco from Home Depot in your driveway/garage or go all out and use a $2000 Iwata in an automotive spray booth. I could not find 3M vinyl for my entire car for under $1500. Maybe I looked in the wrong place but the cost of the PD is what made me go that route.... and I like being able to change the color of my car on a whim.

Vinyl is more durable and it does have some better qualities than PD. I like both methods and I take it as a complement whenever somebody mistakes my car for being wrapped. All I'm saying is PD is not junk and if applied correctly can look phenomenal.

South Side Performance (Houston, TX):
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Soobiecabra is offline   Reply With Quote