View Single Post
Old 03-07-2014, 10:31 PM   #5237
Scooby Newbie
Member#: 242074
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
2007 WRX Wagon

Originally Posted by mmiller2002 View Post
I wouldn't mess with coilovers due to NVH, less longevity, and the expense.
glad you said something. i was thinking of going the $1k coilover route (ISC $850, BC, or HVT) because everything was there in one package but i wanted an option that required minimal maintenance I don't think the TiC rep was attentive to that detail.

Originally Posted by left footed whooten View Post
I also love my RCE wagon springs, though I dont know if they still make them or not. Coupled with tokico d specs, which will hopefully be available again soon, they are the best mix of performance combined with comfort.
i have seen the wagon springs on RSD and TiC but not on their actual site. i would like to go the Tokico route also but I was having difficulty finding them but now I know the reason. when I am looking for them should i be searching for 02-03 struts? i was on one site that said the Tokico were for 02-05 wrx but not 06-07 which i found strange. I really didn't want to cut apart my stock struts for the Koni and the Tokico seem to have more adjust-ability than the Koni. Is this true (7 turns but you have to start at 4 so 3 turns??? vs 2 turns)?

all I need for the Tokico is the spacers and new top hats right? and the spacers are on the rear struts only? and i salvage the old dust boot, bump stop, and coil seat from the stock set-up. did i get that right?

Originally Posted by left footed whooten View Post
If I didnt have such crappy tarmac and lots of dirt roads and pseudo-ohv in my diet, Id be running the koni inserts. A friend had them here and they just got chewed up from the rough roads.
i think the Tokico have lifetime warranty not sure what the Koni's are at...
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
VuN86 is offline   Reply With Quote