Old 04-22-2014, 07:59 PM   #5
itiswhatitisnt
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 341154
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
Satin White Pearl

This was an AMAZING event! They said they were going to comeback the next year and never did again. I remember this event as if it happen yesterday. I went with my 4 of my cousins who were all fans of JGTC which is now called SuperGT. With general admission I was able to sit anywhere and look inside the garages up close and personal with the GT cars taking pictures of what I only seen in Gran Turismo... lol

It was epic, in terms of models, cars, race cars, GT cars everything. The Most fun race/car event I have ever gone too. I think only F1 can match the experience. It was nice because no one was telling you what you can or not do. Basically I had access everywhere and also test drove cars as well. The Nissan 350Z and Mazda RX8 which just debut around that time and were allowed to test drive them through cones/slalom for free. Never been to event where so much access was granted. Epic!

I witnessed great racing, drifting which was just getting popular in US. The fact that all these Japanese people were there in the paddock made it seem like I was in Fuji watching the race but instead I was in SUNNY Fontana Speedway then now called AUTOCLUB Speedway.
Just like the OP said. We didnt have Go Pros nor the best type of cameras than... even camera phones sucked.
I still have over 100 pictures of this event. Simply amazing...I'm glad you posted this OP. Great memories forever. I hope they comeback.
It defiantly was a success here in the US.

Cheers.

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by itiswhatitisnt; 04-22-2014 at 08:41 PM.
itiswhatitisnt is offline   Reply With Quote