Originally Posted by BeastianSTI
So even after I cleaned out the heads with hot water, soap etc... The day before assembly I took the new pipe cleaners and put them in hot soapy water in a cup. I continued to scrub the galleries from the inside out. I took a tiny pipe cleaner and pushed it through the tiny holes used to feed the cams.
When I finished scrubbing, I put the heads on a slant so that any liquid inside of the cylinder head would leak out because gravity said so. I sprayed brake parts cleaner through all of the holes strategically (from cam holes first, then through the large passages that go from front to back). There was quite a dirty puddle of cleaner in the bottom of the cleaning tray I used, which was pretty surprising. The brushes + soapy water breaks the surface tension like a champ. I continued cleaning until nothing else came through.
I actually filmed each part of the assembly process (shortblock). I'm not a pro, but I followed the FSM and used it as a reference before giving any information in the videos. It'll take a while to chop them all up, but I think it'll be useful to the community.
Please post them this is awesome!