View Single Post
Old 07-14-2003, 02:53 PM   #9
KiKoBa
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 39810

Thanks for all of the responses so far.

Here's something... when I test drove an XT the other day, I was amazed and how short the uptake was on the clutch. I would hit the friction point having only just come off the floor the slightest bit. When I drove the WRX, with a short throw shifter, it wasn't nearly as sensitive. Though I would, of course, get used to the XT after a few hours on the road, has anyone who owns an XT, or has driven one for an extended period, found it to be particularly tempermental or twitchy in normal day to day driving? I love the speed at which I could shift with the short uptake in spirited driving... but am concerned it would become very tiresome and jumpy during my city commute.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Was this clutch an exception to the norm? As I said, the WRX with short throw, and an OBS and Baja (though those don't really count, I guess), felt much smoother off the line when I wasn't trying to break any landspeed records. Or was it just that I had driven the XT first, and had gotten used to the short uptake by the time I got to the WRX?

Thanks, again, for the advice I've been getting.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
KiKoBa is offline   Reply With Quote