The Godfather

Member#: 2
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2015 STI Launch Ed.
Rally Blue Pearl

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack(LA)
StiLL WILL: STi&LT1 summed it up well. GReddy block adapter part #12002801 is the one to get and was the only part we needed that was not included with the Defi gauges. BTW, that third large port is threaded for M12 sized sensor -- the other two ports are 1/8PT. The Defi oil pressure and temp gauges come with 1/8PT threaded sensors, harness connectors and long enough shielded cables (but you've got to be precise with your cable route) to reach from the oil filter location to inside the car using the grommet on the passenger side engine firewall. The way the Defi wiring/hookup from the sensors to the control unit works is very clean. I'm sure the other quality gauge manufacturers put together great packages as well.

Nick: Velcro strips/two sided tape is the recommended attachment method.
That's what I figured.. I might need something more permanent and more resistant to heat... living in South FL has it's distinct disadvantages.

Could you take a few shots of where they ran the sensor lines from the probe to the firewall. I'm just curious where they put them and what they attachment them too. Basically I'm just being lazy and I'd rather have a plan where to run them before I try a few different things on my own!

Thanks in advance.

-Nick
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.