*** Banned ***

Member#: 2992
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
02 WRX Sedan
Silver

Quote:
Originally posted by Austin
How/in what manner are the analog outputs definable, and over what range?

The TEC3 is only able to recieve a 0-1volt lean to rich o2 signal. I can define the axis values of the EGO sensor response curve, but it must be lean to rich.

Does one of the analog outputs come pre-programmed with a standard narrowband o2 sensor response curve? As in, could one input the signal to an oem ecu? Is it just a dummy lean->rich->lean->rich signal, or is it actually respresentative of lambda?

Can Klaus' digital AFR meter give me the analog output I need? Can Klaus gaurantee the analog signal accuracy, and how precise can he gaurantee it to be?

Is the software a windows based environment?
The LM-1 provides two analog outputs which can be independently programmed to produce voltages in the range 0-5V. These two "signals" are accessed using a stereo phono jack.

The factory default settings for the first signal are designed to emmulate the voltage produced by a narrowband switching 0-1V oxygen sensor (see illustration, below). If you have an engine management system that relies on such a sensor for closed-loop A/F control, you can replace it with your new wideband sensor and route this signal to the ECU's narrowband input.

The factory default settings for the second signal produce a 1-2V signal, where 1V corresponds to an A/F of 10:1 and 2V corresponds to an A/F of 20:1. This signal is designed to be used with a digital volt meter, allowing one to directly read A/F from the DVM's display.

Defining the outputs is done using a Windows PC program. Here's an example, showing how the narrowband emmulator signal is defined:

According to the user manual:
Quote:
The graph display is automatically scaled to the selected voltages. For each output you can specify a minimum and maximum lambda value and the associated voltages. Below the minimum and above the maximum lambda values the output voltages stay constant at the associated programmed voltage.

Click the Program button to download the new data into the LM-1.
In summary, I find the LM-1's "analog out" design to be extremely clever and flexible.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Jon [in CT]; 07-19-2003 at 02:00 PM.
Jon [in CT] is offline   Reply With Quote