Scooby Newbie

Member#: 37205
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2004 STI
WRB

Quote:
Originally posted by robmarch

let me get this straight....you think the dealers should buy the equipment to reflash the defective ECU's because it's the dealer's fault somehow?

Sorry, but the dealers clearly aren't the guilty party here. No busting on Subaru, because it seems they're trying to handle the problem as best they can. But, it's clearly their problem, not the dealer's problem.

I would hope that Subaru is picking up the tab for the loaners, also, as this is not a dealership specific service issue, but rather a product line defect.
Sorry, I was a bit overzealous with the commentary. I don't believe the dealers should have to pay for an SOA mistake, I just understand why they would want to do it as cheaply as possible, especially when the pinging is not a universal issue.

It is no offense intended to you, but I am very biased against car dealers, just like I am against real estate agents. And I am even more disgusted by the fact that they make the most money on the cars that sell themselves, especially when you aren't allowed a test drive, which IMHO is the only reasonable purpose for dealers to exist in the first place. But this is a different rant for a different day, and I apologise for mentioning it in this thread.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
VVVV is offline   Reply With Quote