8Complex

Member#: 922
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
04 FXT
Red

Quote:
Originally posted by Klaus
Unfortunately we don't have the resources right now to design a complete display except the one we are planning anyway (and that is no bigger than the one in the instrument). If we did, we would also need to design the bezel, mounting etc. because we don't want to ship a half baked product. For a DIY one you might want to check out www.digikey.com and search for 'digital panel meter'. You will find a whole raft of them and I'm sure you will find one that suits your requirements.
I gotcha... just that a permanent mount needs a more convienent display. How about this for an idea... the display in the unit, is it PCB-mounted or is it attached otherwise with a cable running to it? If it's mounted seperately, would it be possible to disassemble the unit and remove the display and replace the cable with a longer one to relocate it? I could mount the unit under the dash, run the sensor cable through the firewall (there is a plug on it, right?) and then relocate the readout to a lower corner of my gauge cluster for easy reading.
Quote:
Originally posted by Klaus
Yes, incidentally, 5 units is our first discount break for dealers. Contact patrick@innovate-tech.com (sales). I will prewarn him. Be aware that our first production run is just about sold out and the next batch is a few weeks away. For a group buy we would ship to one shipping address from which whoever is distributing it can ship it further, essentially trating the group as dealer. But that isn't my bailiwick.
Cool, if there is enough interest here, I will have to look into this. I ran a GB a while back for J&S units with the same shipping deal as this, so it wouldn't be a big deal for me to hold this one as well, as long as the manufacturer can give me realistic shipping dates.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
8Complex is offline   Reply With Quote