Well, here's my story..... I talked to my customer rep at 1800subaru3 and they DID confirm that there is a ECU reflash ready to go. They told me that they would try to set something up with my regional rep guy. I got this email from him:
News must travel fast. Fuji Industries, our parent company, have sent us a
reprogramming cartridge to determine if this will resolve U.S. concerns.
Cherry Hills, our national headquarters, is determining if this
reprogramming will be suitable for the U.S. market. I presume this means it
if will pass EPA and any other governmental standards. I believe that we
are testing the programs on a few vehicles and I am waiting to hear if this
reprogramming solves the concerns and if there are any side effects.
Hopefully, I will know something within two weeks. If all goes well, I will
request that your ecm is reflashed. If there are side effects, I will let
you know and then you can determine if you wish to have the ecm
As a follow up, have you tried using BP/Amoco high octane gas? Try running
at least two full tanks and let me know. I was speaking to a car
enthusiastic and that is what he recommended based on his experience with
his high performance vehicles.
So what's the real deal? Is the reflash not ready for us yet? Are they still testing it? For those who have det and haven't brought the car into the dealer for the rep to hear it, don't expect to just walk in and get a reflash right away.... sounds like they want to confirm the problem on the car before they do anything.... so there's even more incentive for people to bring those cars into the dealer NOW!