Thread: Honda Envy
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2000, 01:32 PM   #18
fast si
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 1644
SCOOBYSHAG-
I was responding to your post in which you said all i had was a del sol motor. I was correcting you in saying that it is, if anything a crx SI-R motor. as for 10sec civics, there have never been any turbo civics, so no 10sec runners for now, although I do know of a guy running 11.17 at 139 with a CRX-with its original motor(modded to hell of course, but still NA). Any NA subies do that? Oh yeah, subaru uses turbos. I forgot. Let me see what times I can find for turbo civics and integras.

Robert-
Couldn't subaru afford to manufacture the ej25 a little better and get that 200 hp? The torque would be almost unaffected, if only slightly moved up the power band. Wait a minute, I got it. The extra time and effort it would take to change the tolerances on the EJ25 to allow for higher revs, would then price the RS right out of it sector. Something you all have to consider is the huge amount of engineering that went in to vtec, and how expensive it was. This is some reason for the sparce interior in the Si.

[This message has been edited by fast si (edited June 12, 2000).]
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.