Scooby Newbie

Member#: 10202
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
'07 Spec B
'85 EJ25 Syncro Westy

Smile

Thanks for the input Dcoty & Kevin.

Yeah, I have though that the S-AFC + ITC would do what I want. I am concerned that the ITC will throw constant CE lights though. We have emissions here (every 2 years) and a stored CE code would be bad - not to mention that I don't want to have a light looking at me all the time. Although, the ITC may not throw CE's???? I don't know

cost: a used S-AFC = $200, and a used ITC = $200, then I will need to tune it - preferably on a dyno (or find someone with the equipment to road tune it by looking at what the ecu is doing??)
the unichip would cost less - $200 used, but would still need dyno time (and install might be out of my abilities... scared to solder on the motherboard anyway)

I don't know.... I just want that extra ~10+hp and a smoother curve.

the PROECM still might be an option too - cheap! and most out here (CO.) are pleased with it. Even some good head ot head comparo's. The stock ecu seems to pull timing in 3rd gear and up (more load, less timing), and the chip keeps this from happening (I think , that's why it taps the speed sensor wire) all hypothesis there.....

-Chad
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Farfrumwork is offline   Reply With Quote