Old 07-31-2003, 09:31 AM   #23
BOY
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 232
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
99 RS-T RIP
02 Forster-S

KT, I make no claims to be an expert... I just had the cahones to try it out . Seriously though, as to the ECUs learning around piggybacks what I've learned over the years is this:

Pre 00: Closed loop takes some correction from AFCs, open loop doesn't care.
Post 00: ECU fights piggybacks in closed loop rendering them almost useless, open loop doesn't care. I suspect the 5V O2 (A/f) sensor is allowing much more control over the A/F maps by the factory ECU

I can say that closed loop on my MY99 RS-T is so damn adaptive its actually running my 420cc injectors on its own at idle-3% throttle! I tried to correct with the E-Manage (like I thought I would have to) but the OE ECU runs them fine. Granted, over 3% throttle I'm running HUGE negative correction to keep it from bogging off boost. The S-AFC/ITC combo will work, if you get an S-AFC II you will also get knock correction but your price will be at least as much as an E-Manage and you will be very limited in your resolution. On the flip side, KT is right; there are no tuners who know the E-Manage and GReddy is useless. The software is VERY intuitive though and I have no doubt that any semi-competent tuner w/ a dyno (or a brave soul road-tuning) could get a decent tune with it.

OT, the VTEC setting on the E-Manage looks like it might be very promising for AVCS control(especially if we get it in N/A form)
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
BOY is offline   Reply With Quote