Old 08-06-2003, 11:45 PM   #10
PRIOR
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 27524
Vehicle:
95 Impreza L awd
2.5 swap & only 2400lbs

hey, im here in vegas.... i was wondering which one of your locations to visit.... since you've posted 2 of them.

anyways, i guess i'll ask you this question too.... i dont expect you to know, but hey.... i'll give it a shot anyways....

first off, im going to be putting a 98 DOHC motor into my 95 L....

the motor is out of a forster, and i have no idea if it's one of those special "magic bullet" engines with the phase II block and DOHC.... but anyways...

i was wondering if you could pull the rotating assembly or just the rods out of an EJ18, and put them into the 2.5.... now just incase your wondering ' why the heck would he want to do that?'..... listen to this quote from mike at spd....( taken from spd's site...)

"It is interesting to note that the RA motors still share connecting rods with the N/A 1800cc motor. The quality is in the N/A motors, it is just put to different use. The 2.0, closed deck, 1995 WRX-RA short block is still the drug of choice in Japan for the "Big Power" motor."

i find this idea intresting, and since i have access to a ton of 1.8's and the 2.5 thats going into my car is gonna be on an engine stand for a while.... i was wondering if it could be done....

thanks,
andy

also, im interested in buying a set of rods and pistons if my idea above doesnt work or once i get some money, as i plan on going F/I down the road....

plus, im building a nova with my dad too, so i might be interested in some stuff for a SBC....
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.