View Single Post
Old 08-10-2003, 05:22 PM   #19
kb3drfsti
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 41507
Vehicle:
2004 sti
blue

Well I live in North East Pennsylvania,My whole family me included use snow tires.I learned the difference between snow tires and all seasons by putting Nokian Hakkapallittas on my 1986 5000cs turbo Quattro (Audi).On hills in the mountains when someone stops dead on a hill in front of you and you have to stop and then start from a dead stop on the hill and pass the car that is stuck or spinning his tires in front of you,snow tires make a world of diifference.With snow tires it stays straight and does not spin plus you can pass that car in front of you faster.I would rather spend the money on snow tires and feel more secure.I travel 90 miles 1 way to work through the poconos and on interstate 80 into Jersy and when I am coming home late at night in the dark snow coming down in white out conditions I want all the traction I can get.Also the nokians run really good on dry pavement.Also alot of rear drive BMW use them around here and they do all right.After paying 29000 for an sti and 750 for insuranse,I will pay for snow tires too.Some insurance will not pay out if you do not have snow tires on during a storm and you get in an accident.Be smart get the snow tires if you drive in snow any kind of snow,Its just another required exspenses is the way I look at it!! Matt (just my opinion and advice the manual says so too)
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.