Sean
Scooby Guru

Member#: 518
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
762 PGT Impreza L,
Silverado EXT, Yaris

Cool

Another Merrimack, NH story. My father is a professional commercial industrial photographer and, every year, donates his time to the Merrimack police department by doing free portraits. Because of this, everyone that works for him gets a free "five points." Points have no meaning and are for the officer to decide. Basically, dumb speeding violation for, like, 75 in a 55 is one point. That is, as long as you can tactfully bring into the conversation you work for my dad and the officer in question knows about the "deal."

Well, this was quite a few years ago. Maybe 1992. Dunno. I was the passenger in a classic Porsche 911S Turbo being shown exactly what the car could do. Without warning, the driver (whom shall remain nameless) downshifted, floored it and brought it up to about 120 MPH or 130 MPH going into Merrimack from Nashua.

No more than a few seconds later, we heard a single radar chirp and a set of blues came on. The driver slowed down and, quite rightly, was convinced he was going to jail. I handed him my business card to give to the officer with his license.

The officer (who will also remain nameless) came up screaming with his hand on his gun. After calming down a bit and asking for my friend's license, he handed over the license and my business card. He paused for a few seconds. He crouched down and looked at me in the passenger seat. *pause* "Oh, hi Sean. Uhm. Four points."

A few weeks later when I was talking to the officer (he stops by the office on occasion) he had a chuckle about it and asked me if the driver had wet himself.

Trunkmonkey is here! There is no cone...
Sean Sosik-Hamor < sean@trunkmonkey.com >
Epinions Automotive Reviews by `Sean
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.