I replaced that restrictive section with a piece of 3-inch tubing (made from a 1-litre coke bottle and duct tape
). so now it's 3 inches uniformly from the fender-mount airbox to the TB. It helped. noticably. the whole system is working wonderfully now. I know where my top end was hiding all these years
. it works really nicely. I have a pretty well tuned butt dyno, and I can certainly tell it's better than stock. the low end is amazingly responsive. when I putt around parking lots, a little blip of hte throttle sends the wife's head into the headrest
. I had to relearn her in some respects. she really wakes up around 4500 now too, where she used to just kinda continue accelerating at a moderate pace. definitely worth the 10 dollars in parts. it feels superior to the hommade ganzflow I had for sure.