Old 09-29-2000, 07:51 PM   #14
Patrick Olsen
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 120
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Vehicle:
1997 Legacy 2.5GT
QuickSilver Metallic

AccidenT, you're not the only one. I don't think I've EVER, and I mean E-V-E-R, seen someone riding a bike actually stop for a stop sign. I'm perfectly happy to give cyclists all the courtesy in the world on the road, because I know by law that they are allowed to be there. I also know by law that cyclists are required to obey traffic laws just like they were in a car, and it just doesn't happen. I've watched them breeze through stop signs without slowing, skirt around red lights (without stopping, turn right on red, immediately zip across the road, and then turn right on green), ride on the wrong side of the road (occasionally - not nearly as frequent as the morons who WALK with traffic rather than against it), never use hand signals to show their intentions, etc.

With all that said, the episodes that were related in the original post were absolutely criminal. It sounds like a number of you cyclists have run into similar situations - that's unbelievable. Some people are just plain old sick.

Pat Olsen
'99 Legacy 2.5GT 5speed sedan
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.