View Single Post
Old 08-22-2003, 10:10 AM   #11
sooberoo
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 33302
Vehicle:
2005 Leggy GT Sedan
Brilliant Silver

That's because the Outback is still a great handling car in my books! Sure it may be a perched up high Legacy, but have you driven anything else lately?

When my car was in the body shop, I drove a similar vintage Civic. I know that the civic would be better compared to a Impreza, but still i was glad to get my car back.

Then while my clutch was being replaced I drove a Daewoo Leganza which wasn't too bad but still light years behind my OB!

My parents just bought a new Impala while friends bought a used Grand Prix. Impala is nice, but the suspension is way too soft compared to my car. As for the friends GP, its a newer car but its full of squeaks and rattles that my car doesn't have!

Last year I test drove a Nissan Maxima which was sooo nice, except for the torque steer all the way into next week! It was so bad that I didn't buy the car.

I might have considered going with the GT conversion as well, trouble is I had just bought new 15" tires, so to me that would have been a waste. That and the 15" snows on steelies would have been rubbing when they were on. Whtlegacy, your car looks great! Good luck and keep up the good work!

BTW - Best thing ever for an Outback is getting rid of those stupid Michelins that came with the car! Slap on some nice semi-performance rated tires and you'll be amazed at the difference!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
sooberoo is offline   Reply With Quote