Wingless Wonder
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 33752
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2002 WRX sedan
Aspen White

Originally posted by Lowball
Whitey's is a famous Burger and Shake place and alot of hot rodders hang out there sometime. But there lot is pretty large and I'm sure they would like the business.
I'd like to check that place out with a meet - never been there.

The river road is pretty fun and it goes from West Sac to the town of Freeport. Only thing is there are a lot of bugs from the farm lands on the right side of the road if you are traveling it in a southern direction. You can go past Freeport but I've never been past Clarksberg. Right at Freeport there is a bridge that crosses the river and then you can get right back on I-5 with in like less than 5 min.
I've driven quite a bit further down the levee road. It is a good drive as long as no one becomes distracted by the river view along the levee road and goes into the drink. Slower-moving traffic can be a pain to pass, depending on where we are along the road. This is a drive that I've enjoyed at a more leisurely pace than Mosquito Ridge Rd. Many years ago I went on a high school field trip to a town called Locke (hope this map link works). I've recently revisited this little historic town that was built by Chinese (I think both immigrants and native-born) in 1915. There is a bar/restaurant there called Al the Wop's and it's a popular hangout for locals and visitors alike. I think it's known for their steak.

Click on pear label for the Locke web page.

EDIT: for link to Al the Wop's

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Wingless Wonder; 08-24-2003 at 10:22 AM.
Wingless Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote