View Single Post
Old 09-03-2003, 08:42 AM   #1
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 4074
Vehicle:
1998 Impreza RS
RBP (one of the first!)

Default Need serious help

So, I think my car is possessed. After taking the engine out to get a spark plug drilled out, My car doesn't start now. It turns over but won't start. The weirdest things also started happening the last night when I tried to start it for the first time. So I don't have to do too much typing I'll just go over a list of things that are messed up. Some of the lights on the dash and the window switch come on without the key in the ignition or the lights being turned on, the head lights turn on without the key in the ignition, (all of these happen without the key even being in the ignition),If I shift into reverse the doors unlock, If I shift into 5th the doors lock. I unplugged one set of the wiring harness were it connects on the passenger side of the engine bay where the tranny and engine mate up, and the rad. fan came on and wouldnt go off until I plugged that harness back in.
I'm sure there are some other things I can't remember but it's really weird. Does anyone know what this could be?? Myabe my ecu is fried somehow. I've checked all underhood harness connections and they are all right.
any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Courtney
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
9 is offline   Reply With Quote