John Wayne Toilet Paper
Member Sales Rating: (22)

Member#: 7327
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2008 Mazdaspeed3
2006 Wrangler Sport

Thumbs up Prodrive WR Sport Halogen Driving Lights

I got these from Rallysportdirect.com for $280 shipped. He had Prodrive USA drop-ship them so they got to me in about 1 week after I ordered them (i'm east coast, prodrive is west coast).

These lights replace the stock foglights with a bracket custom-made to fit the three-hole pattern of the stock fogs and also fit the Hella-type mounting hole on the back of the Rally 1000 FF light (which is what comes in the kit).

These lights are "driving pattern" and they have 100watt H1 bulbs. The included wiring and connectors get the job done, but the instructions tell you to cut the stock connectors off the stock foglamp plug/harness and then reconnect the provided right-angle connectors.. I found that doing this didn't give me enough length on the wires to actuall connect them and put them together, so instead I spliced in about 4" of the provided wire to the harnesses and then crimped the connectors on that.

This took a little extra time, but it made the setup much cleaner and easier to deal with.

Anyway, mounting them and aiming them was kind of combersome because these lights are slightly larger than the stock fogs and the aiming is accomplished by removing them from the bumper, loosening the aiming screw, moving them how they need to be moved, and then tightening and reinstalling... bleh - do this in a flat deserted parking lot in (at night) to make it much easier to see the aim, etc...

Anyway, once they are mounted and aimed and all, using them on the road for the first time is quite a shock. The stock headlights actually seem very dim in comparison. I actually have a set of Hella FF75s mounted below my bumper and they are now aimed to the sides, the Prodrives are aimed forward and slightly up, and then with the highbeams on, the total light output is simply breathtaking. It instantly makes any install difficulties worthwhile. I mean these things are damn bright.

I'll try to get some pictures pretty soon to show what it's like... I took a chance with these since I had never heard anybody else talking about having them, and I'm glad I did, because they absolutely rock.

-nick
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
nhluhr is offline   Reply With Quote