Old 11-10-2003, 06:17 PM   #13
SubaH6
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 38460
Vehicle:
2005 Liberty 3.0R B
Obsidian Black

Tim,

I will reply to you via this forum rather than contact you direct as some people on the forum may like to read my reply.

The current (2002/03) spec H6 has a lovely motor and is a very nice car. As you say smooth and quiet and quite adequate power. My only issue with it is that the auto is a bit slow to react and it really needs another gear or so. This is why I was so eager to get the new spec H6 as it has the 5 speed sportshift AND an extra 26kw (19hp) and 15nm (11ft lbs I think). I really like a manual and this was my first auto but I do alot of driving in Sydney and as you know Tim the Sydney traffic can be tiresome in a manual. The sportshift seemed to be an ideal compromise and this is why I've updated to the new Outback H6.

As far as you are concerned (as you've indicated that you are getting a new spec GT Liberty) you WILL be happy with the GT I'm sure. I have driven it as a demo and it is a ripper as is the new spec H6. The sportshift is a beauty in both vehicles and you get the added bonus of gear changing on the steering wheel which is fun!

I was not too concerned with an alarm at the moment as it has the new data dot technology but I may consider it. I will have to talk to the Subaru people, so I may get back to you on that.

I have bought it through Tynan's as they did give me a reasonable deal on the old Outback. I dealt with Morgan McCarthy as I did when I bought the old Outback H6. I like their service dept. Where did you go to get your GT Tim?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
SubaH6 is offline   Reply With Quote