Old 06-27-2000, 04:46 PM   #15
samurai
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 696
Vehicle:
2005 WRX STi
Aspen White

Unhappy

I want to go.. I rreaaaallly want to go. This was going to be my first bonafide on track experience in my life. The big but is, I go to kendo practices on Thursdays and work the day after at 8:00am. I would've gone if the date was on a Saturday or Sunday. There would've been no conflict there and no questions asked. My Kendo practices START at 7:00 and end at 10:30pm. I have to be at the dojo by 6:30. I say have to because I have a competition coming up that same Sunday and I was selected as [edit]chuken (3rd person) on the team. I'm sorry to make it sound so harsh, but this club takes a back seat to Kendo and work.

I posted up the "good places to drive" post because I wanted to take a DRIVE (if that was implied by the "poser" remark ). Not race.
I appreciate all the hard work that Angus put into this meet, but the point is that, there is simply no way I can make this date. I have tons of things scheduled that day already.

Randy,
Laadeeedaaa ... I just graduated from Davis last year and missing one day of classes (graduate or not) on the first day is nothing. You can ask the prof for notes or info the next day. Point is.. It's not that big of a deal. As for Kendo, you always have people waiting to kick your ass the next practice because you missed one day.

Tim

[This message has been edited by samurai (edited June 27, 2000).]
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
samurai is offline   Reply With Quote