Old 11-20-2003, 07:46 PM   #18
FUNKED1
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 21279
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2003 MR2 Spyder
Solar Yellow

#1.) what tire are you offering for review (please include size)
Pirelli PZero Nero, 205-55-16

#2.) what is your geographic location
Bay Area, California

#3.) what types of driving events if any (i.e. track, AutoX, RallyX)
None

#4.) percent of highway vs. city driving
50/50

#5.) your review and personal comments
Car is an 02 WRX Sedan. I have a bad habit of using interstate cloverleafs as skidpads when there is no traffic. So I wear my left side tires a lot faster than the rights. Which means that I need tires which are not unidirectional, so I can rotate them to keep the wear even. The highest rated max performance tire without a unidirectional tread is the PZero Nero, so I bought a set of those.

Grip: Much more grip than the stock tires (RE92), even when they were being broken in.

Handling: They tramline a bit more than the RE92 on grooved pavement. Somewhat annoying but I've experienced worse. Otherwise steering is very similar and sidewall stiffness feels similar. Car seems more neutral on these tires but that could just be mental.

Ride Quality: I can't tell the difference between these and RE92.

Noise: No difference from the RE92 in normal driving. In hard cornering, they don't howl nearly as much as the RE92 until you get right on the limit.

Wear: I have about 8000 miles on them and they are wearing a little bit quicker than the RE92. I got 20K miles on the RE92 and I estimate I will get 17-18k miles on this set.

Wet Performance: I've only driven them in the rain a few times, but I didn't notice any difference from the RE92.

Overall I'm very happy with them. Good price, much more grip than the stockers, not too many downsides, and I can rotate them to even out tire wear.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
FUNKED1 is offline   Reply With Quote