Old 01-04-2004, 01:03 PM   #4
mav1c
Hoodbridge!

Member#: 560
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2006 STi, '11 A4
Crystal Gray, Silver

I say this all the time, but just get your fenders rolled. I got mine done about a month after getting the car, just because I didn't want to be limited by what tire and wheels I could run. I have Tanabe Sustec Pro S-S coilovers with the car lowerd about 1 1/2" in rear, and about 1 3/4" in front. On the street I run 225/40-18 SO-3's on 18x7.5, +48mm wheels. At the track I run 235/40-17 Toyo RA-1's on 17x8. +48mm wheels. Also have camber plates in the rear and running -1 degrees camber, so I actually have less rear camber than stock. Still no rubbing. I got my fenders rolled professionally. They used the special fender rolling tool (you can sometimes rent these tools and try it yourself too), and a heat gun, so there was no cracked paint. No signs of cracking or rust after 30K miles. It cost me $240 to get all four done. For me, money well spent. A lot of people will say to just do it yourself and use a baseball bat, but the few cars I've seen done with that method had cracked paint, an uneven lip, rust, or all of the above. That's just my experience. Good luck!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by mav1c; 09-23-2004 at 01:07 PM.
mav1c is online now   Reply With Quote