View Single Post
Old 01-13-2004, 10:19 AM   #6
humenikp
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 49219
Vehicle:
2004 WRX STi
WR Blue

"also is there a website where it shows a cam swap so i can know what i am getting myself into before doing it."

http://techinfo.subaru.com/html/index.jsp

you can purchase the shop manual in pdf form for $20!

although it is an individual download per file , so if you don't have broadband, you might want to find someone who does, or you could pay $600 for all of the goodies on cd.

"i am almost 100% sure that it will be easier then any v8" =)

well... not quite. you'll need to remove the heads for proper [non-hack] installation. removing heads is not as easy as you think. check out the shop manual for more details.

remember subaru's are h not v, and there's not much room to be fiddling around in the engine bay. corn-picker was definately right.

as for the core charge, you don't have to return your cams, you just won't get the core refund then. as for cams i prefer cobb, but there are plenty of others out there. check out a few you like and post in the n/a forum and see what people have to say

one final note...
you are working with an h4 not v8. you'll never be close to those stangs, but you'll still pay the $$ for parts none-the-less. the days of getting 10-15 hp from a cone filter are gone, as an example. 4-5 from a cone filter is more realistic, there just isn't the engine volume to move as much air. it tooke me a while to realize that fact with my outback, but i finally did, and saved up for something better.

if you want to know what subaru's are capable of, stop by your subaru dealer and test-drive and sti.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
humenikp is offline   Reply With Quote