View Single Post
Old 01-16-2004, 10:27 AM   #10
LotusDriftx
Scooby Guru

Member#: 48528
Chapter/Region: MAIC

What about the lean condition created right after the rich condition as the ecu overcompensate for the extra fuel?

I think there could be some manufacturer reccomendations, especially centered around 50/50 style and the one currently getting all the attention in 2.0 turbo forum. Although I know you try to keep these subjective, bov's are a touchy subject and I think it should be hit head on. There is no need to pussyfoot, replacing your bov is not an intelligent thing to do unless you are running boost the stock one cannot take. In that case either do the 15cent mod or buy a 50/50 or recirc.

I just get tired of reading 3 threads a day on bov's and I think this would help (actually I don't read them anymore but I still 'see' them ). Thanks for the faqs ron.

ps, I know a lot of new people to the wrx think its going to be a good mod, I completely understand this. That is why we should come right out and say, don't do it unless you want less power, slow building boost between shifts, and less drivability (in so many words). If you want to sacrifice all those things for a noise makers, than at least you were informed first...
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
LotusDriftx is offline   Reply With Quote