trisk
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 31223
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
Used magic carpet
Dynoed @ 999 camel power!

Question ?'s for xephyr!

Hey xephyr, I don't know if you remember me or not but i'm a friend of Mark Ringleman & Jon Cox they call me Skit.

First off my tranny is going bad and quick. It started with a loud tranny bearing, then the syncros started going. I can't shift from 1st to 2nd at high rpms without getting some sort of grinding, so I know that I need to have Ringleman rebuild it! Anyways here are my questions.

1. When I have Ringleman rebuild it is there any kind of upgraded syncros that would be worth putting into the tranny? Also if there is, where would be a good place to purchase them from! I've heard some people on this forum talk about some kind of syncros similar to the ones found in the STi that fit in my version tranny!

2. Right now my car is a 96LX Impreza with a stock 2.2 motor. The turbo is a tdo4 running 6-8psi. In the near future I plan on putting in a 2.2 turbo block or the 2.5 STi block and turning the boost upto 15 or so psi. Will the tranny hold this? Considering that last time I changed the clutch it was to the clutchnet 6 puck ceramic disk and lightweight flywheel that Ringleman and Jon got from you. This setup seems to grab way harder than the organic clutchmaster disk that I used before!

Sorry this post is so long I just figured if I was going to ask, I better explain some about the car.

Thanks for any info you would provide for I know you are a very educated subaru mechanic/fanatic. Also thanks for the clutch disk and flywheel, you saved my bacon. And congrats on the RS, that is the sickest suby i've ever had the pleasure of riding in! It must be WAY SICK now with the 2.5!!!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
trisk is offline   Reply With Quote