rrsettgast
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 104
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2009 WRX Wagon
White

Question

Shiv, I posted this question on the mlist also in response to your post. Didn't see your post here until after i posted:

Shiv Just a couple of silly questions:
1) I assume you are venting the BOV to atmosphere to prevent a pressure wave from hitting the MAF. Instead of venting to atmosphere, have you thought of putting some sort of an air box between the bov and the discharge inlet? This might dampen out any high pressure waves from the bov. Also if you aligned the discharge inlet so that the pressure wave travels away from the MAF (point the inlet almost parallel to the intake piping, pointed away from the MAF), you probably could isolate the MAF further.

2) So if you were to run 7psi, would you not need to worry about the stock fuel pump pressure/flow? All you really should worry about would be the ITS, J&S safegaurd, and the mentioned gauges? (in addition to the AFC, AVC, turbo timer..etc.)

3) REALLY stupid question - What is the cause of your perpetual check engine light? Although your nifty black tape fix works great :-), is there a better way to get rid of it?

Thanks
Randy
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
rrsettgast is offline   Reply With Quote