View Single Post
Old 01-31-2004, 07:31 PM   #5
RRRush
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 50970
Vehicle:
2004 WRX STi
Pearl Blue

The place most are getting spacers is East Coast Scooby www.iaperformance.com. Check out his website, kits look real nice. Great reviews here on Nasioc. The JL's seem to be very good components but mixed reviews on what it took to get them in the '04's. I like the sound a lot, we have them at a local Tweeter.
The Focal and CDT's are on East Coast Scooby's fitment list. I'm interested in speakers that will fit with the iaperformance spacers and no alterations to the door. The focal's depth is not bad at all(~2.6772), the CDT's I'm having trouble finding mounting depth on - but if they are on the list we should be good.
I've already ordered my spacers and will probably decide CDT or Focal soon(both require thick spacers). From reviews it sounds like focal might be more my style. If you find out any different about the JL XR's(depth 2.8125) fitting let me know.
The members have been real helpful with posts and tips on systems. Huge help in narrowing down all the options. Hopefully we'll get some more responses on this thread and then decide. It seems like the focals would be closer to the sound of the JL's from reviews, CDT is warmer. Personal taste. Let me know if you find anything out.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
RRRush is offline   Reply With Quote