SCRAPPYDO
Scooby Guru

Member#: 873
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2013 F150 King Ranch
Datsun 71 240Z & 68 2000

Um Blue Scooby,

I really hate to rain on your parade, because it looks like you really worked hard, Nice yellow by the way, but removing that vent will make you suck up more hot air!

Under the engine is a high pressure zone of stil or slow moving air around the engine. Right above the vent in the hood the air is rushing by creating a very low pressur zone.

The hot air from the engine compartment will rush out the vent right past your K&N, thus making you draw in more hot air.

Try this, leave the vent above the cone removed, and install the vent on the battery side. Then drive around for 15 minutes. Park and feel the vent grills on the hood. The one that is removed will be far warmer than the one that is in place due to the hot air being forced out of the engine compartment.

If the vent had a small scoop on it, then it would allow cold air in.

Again, I dont want you to think I am raining on your parade. I just want your car to run its best with your intake on it.

Either build a screen or run it into the fender. Both will help. The fender is probably better, thats how my intake goes, and it works great!

SCRAPPYDO
stephen
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
SCRAPPYDO is offline   Reply With Quote