crazyhorse
Scooby Guru

Member#: 19502
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2010 Impreza with no
scoop. =(

Cool 600cc Injectors for free

Ok.. starting a different thread here because well... The other has gotten way too long.

Here's the deal:

740cc is just toooo much for me. My power goals are around 300whp and I'm running a 16G turbo (or will be very soon rather) So... I don't wanna pay $400 for injectors.. but I don't want too much fuel so the cutting off the cap method isn't for me. What do I do?

After nhluhr talked about the hole size and drilling it out a bit bigger I figured I'd give it a shot. (Was his idea originally not mine) Kingpin (awesome vendor!) was kind enough to send me a test set of injectors. So... I had one drilled and sent to RC for testing. Basically... all I had done was to have the original holes widened.

Drill bit size: .5mm

Looks a lil rough.. kinda scared me at first.. was done by hand by a very good goldsmith friend of mine. She's practically an artist with a dremel. Anyways.... I FINALLY got the results back from RC Engineering.

What size drill bit you ask? Well... I'm not sure yet. She's on vacation at the moment. I'll find out tomorrow and let you know. As you can tell by the picture, you can't go much bigger at the risk of going into the other holes. You could drill more holes, but that's a bit tougher and I'll leave that for someone else to test out unless I can get another set. It cost me $33 with shipping to get this one injector cleaned and flow tested. I plan on sending one more to make sure they match and then these puppies are going on my car.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by crazyhorse; 02-03-2004 at 09:00 PM.
crazyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote