ez bturbo
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 56048
Vehicle:
2004 baja turbo 5spd
black/dark gray

Quote:
Originally posted by SouthShoreBaja
Had you modded the SVT? That was a very overlooked ride. I wish they'd marketed them better. Even the stocks could fly and make m3's go... ...
Yes the SVT was heavily modified (Quaife LSD, long tube headers, spec tage 3 clutch, etc...), there is the page (below) for it if you want to check it out. It put down 190 wheel hp, which translates to about 230 hp, and that was without several of the modifications that were put on later. It really screamed in the upper rpm band (4500-7000), but the baja has much better low end torque and usable power in my opinion. I took it to the track twice, and my best run was 14.9@94.4 mph, on a 2.39 60' time. The car was damn near impossible to launch -- really, really bad wheel hop. So bad it would bounce the whole car, and my first time at the track I broke an axle. I ended up trading it in because the car was too damn loud and punishing (stiff suspension) for a daily driver (I drive about 70 miles every day for work). My fiance hated it, mostly for these reasons, and it had 94k miles on the clock, so I decided it was time for a change.

Anyhow the link (copy and paste)
http://www24.brinkster.com/ezerner/contour/index.htm
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ez bturbo is offline   Reply With Quote