Member#: 11365
Vehicle:
02 N/A, A/T Wagon
Sedona Red Pearl

Default 2.5 T/S Coil pack failure caused by moded sparkplug

Name: Steven Waugh

Mileage 69k Miles

Time Out: 24 Hrs

Problem and likely cause: Several miles after complety filling tank, (Needle was bouncing on E) car started missing and running rough. I was thinking crappy fuel and dumped a can of Fuel Injector cleaner in tank. That mostly cleaned up the missing, running rough. 2 days later 1 cylinder isnt working when I started car. Had car towed to dealer. Dealer says coil pack and 1 sparkplug wire failed.

Mods: Funny that was the first thing outta the service writers mouth. WRX front brakes, drilled and slotted roters, Master cylinder support bracket, Under drive pullys, WRX side skirts, WRX steering wheel, Swaybar links.

Submitted for warenty claim: Yes, Paid for the extended waranty

Reason for refusal: Dealer claims Bosh sparkplugs are a "mod" ( same as stock only Bosh brand) and refuses to honor extended waranty.

My story: I almost fell out of my chair when told Bosh sparkplugs were being considered a mod. I said in certain terms to fax me the service bulleten or page of service manual to support their claim (I have service manual and know whats there) Several hours later I was fax'ed a page from a owners manual that has recomended sparkplugs and a handwritten statement that his mechanic was looking for this information. I was charged for a tune-up, fuel filter, aircleaner (the one in car 2-3 months old and not dirty when car left at dealer) 4 spark plugs and 4 wires I asked for 3 more wires when called by service rep thinking my other 3 sparkplug wires were near death
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
SubaSonic is offline   Reply With Quote