View Single Post
Old 03-13-2004, 10:16 AM   #9
Frank Zuccarini
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 26608

Thank-you, everyone, for sharing your experiences and opinions.

I've subscribed to CR continuously since I was 16 (I'm 50 now), but like said at the onset, I take everything they say with a grain of salt. I know that they often have a bias and, even when they don't, their reviewers often care more about way different things than I do.

Anyway, thanks to all your help, I'm convinced that CR is way off base here regarding reliablity. In fact, they loved the car, but downgraded it because of first year reliability issues, which were likely exaggerated because of the extremely small number of vehicles in the sampling. It seems the the only bone fide reliability issue revolves around the ABS, and I hope that Subaru has this resolved for the 04's. Even if they haven't, I'm commited to a Baja Turbo in May. I'm selling a Ford Ranger pickup to buy the Baja, and it should complement my wife's Forester XT very nicely.

I'm disappointed by the lack of community for this neat car/truck, but it sells in extremely small numbers. Does anyone know if there is another forum at which people share their love of the Baja?

Again, thank-you......................Frank
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Frank Zuccarini is offline   Reply With Quote