Member#: 10757
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ Limited 6MT
DGM

Quote:
Originally posted by wlchan
I have a few mores questions.

1. Where can I find THREE BOND 1105 that is require for the rear differential?

2. Are http://www.speedbleeder.com/ worth the money? Or is it easy to do without those? Where can I find a detail instruction on changing the brake fluids (like instructions at scoobymods where they have lots of pictures and explainations)? I found a lot of threads on how to do it, but none of them had many pictures.

3. I want to switch my brake fluid to Motul 600. When draining, how will I know when the old fluid ends and the new fluid starts?

4. If I was to buy the BKR7E, does it come gapped already or does that not matter?

Thanks guys for answering all of my questions. I just wanted to get everything straight before I start ordering everything for my car.

Wei
Sorry. . missed this last time.

1. You don't need Three Bond. Just torque it down correctly and you shouldn't have any problems.

2. If you don't have someone to help you bleed the brakes, then I would recommend them. I used them the first time I ever bled my brakes and it made everything very simple and easy. There aren't too many pictures for the process because it's pretty self-explanatory by reading the instructions on Scoobymods or on Nasioc.

3. If you've never bled brakes before, get 2 bottles of Motul. You should only need 1 bottle, but that's assuming you don't waster any. Depending on how old the fluid is in your lines now, you may or may not be able to see the difference between the old fluid and the new. I was able to see a difference when I did mine, although it was a very slight difference. You could just bleed the brakes and see if you have any fluid left in the bottle. If you do, then you didn't get all the old stuff out. It should be fine even if a little of the old fluid is left in as it will just mix with the new fluid, but the whole idea is to get as much of the old fluid out as possible.

4. They are not gapped. You'll have to measure them and gap them to whatever gapping you want to use. I use .028mm.

Calvin
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
cnk is offline   Reply With Quote