Unabomber
Big Ron

Member#: 18062
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
on car parts so PM
me b4 j00 buy

SubNub,

Thanks for your comments. One of the reasons I write these darn things is the positive feedback I constantly receive. NASIOC helped me in my n00b days and still does today, and these FAQs are my way of payback. I DO try to be informative and non-specific in my postings, but it can be hard not to flame. I think that level headed people will read my FAQs are see them for what I strive for them to be:

1. Quick reference
2. Strong base for additional searching
3. Non-specific as to Brand/Vendor

These FAQs don't cover it all, but I try to provide information about the main points. For example, I did research the carbon build up issue with this FAQ and the exhaust one I did. The main contributor in my research is exhaust tip protrusion. BOVs and catless running contribute, but it depends more so on the exhaust tip placement. It's hardly worth mentioning as no vendor in their right mind would say, "The XXX exhaust will leave your bumper all black and sooty". For the record though, a BOV is a contributor though.

As always, if there is something anyone would like to see covered, PM me. I am currently working on a Turbo FAQ with plans down the road for Intercoolers and Injectors.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Unabomber is offline   Reply With Quote