Old 04-06-2004, 10:58 PM   #15
willib
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 20682
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Wagon
silver

Default installed, wife says too bumpy

Well it only took me about 2 hours with power tools to get this done. They do bolt right up. The RR did require disconnecting the sway but otherwise was simple.
The ride height is not a problem at all, it is essentially the same height as my WRX wagon on a stock suspension. Wheel clearance looks fine.
The ride is of course crisper, not quite as responsive as I would like, but alas I have Geolanders still.
However it does seem to give a little of the "low rider" chop when the car rises and falls with the pavement. Actual divets and bumps aren't the problem ie it doesn't jostle you to death, just a slight bit of a secondary wave with quick dips and rises.
Then again I'm getting older and it's not my car. I think I'd keep them if it was my primary car, but it's not so they'll be coming off sometime soon.
If somebody wants them PM me, I'll place an ad when I get them off the car. I don't want to make a profit, but don't expect to lose any money either. I will have to pay for a realignment though.....

By the way I did add a 20mm STI sway as well, and it is nice, but not as noticeable as the struts...
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
willib is offline   Reply With Quote