View Single Post
Old 04-12-2004, 10:46 AM   #39
john wadsworeth
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 39226
Vehicle:
2002 wrx wagon
midnight

#1.) what tire are you offering for review (please include size)

Toyo T1S, 225/50/16 on stock rims, wagon with sedan rear swaybar and solid links (installed prior to tires) Switched from SOA tires. I plan on getting dedicated cold weather tires. I understand from my search that these tires do not perform well in the cold (under 40F).

#2.) what is your geographic location

Midwest

#3.) what types of driving events if any (i.e. track, AutoX, RallyX)

highway

#4.) percent of highway vs. city driving

80% highway 20% city

#5.) your review and personal comments

I want a car that is stable and safe at 55-95 mph on long journeys. A lot less understeer on the ramps and curves under WOT. The wider tires really make the car more stable at "excessive" highway speeds, especially around trucks. Much better ability to use the throttle to corner. The car is a little more eager to "thump" over concrete joints and a bit noisier, but not much. I drove some gravel and they responded well. The gravel really helped the new tires bit better. The wider tires give the car a different look..car visually looks "fatter'.The only thing I wished I'd considered is that the wider tires will throw more of the road up on the quarter panels. I will need wider flaps or ? as the mud guards are not wide enough to protect the paint. I went to my local dealer found by using the search engine at Toyo..$131 each balanced and mounted. I ned to play with the tire pressure a bit to see how they respond.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
john wadsworeth is offline   Reply With Quote