Watkinsm3
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 51740
Vehicle:
2004 STi A-Stock #24
Same as my Coffee : Black

Quote:
Originally posted by WRX_Mundi
Slow in, fast out. It is possible you're driving the car just right at one of your first events, but that doesn't seem to be usual in autocrossing. First, get a good alignment. Then work on driving. If you want to spend some money on the car, that's fine, but realize that you'll get more time from working on the driver.

I just did an autocross and rode in two other STis (who both ran novice last year). Their biggest problem was going too fast in the corners, leading to various degrees of scrubbing and pushing, which means they can't get back on the throttle coming out (they also didn't unwind and back off). I think corner exit is our car's huge advantage over the others, and if you're going too fast in the corner, you just push out on the exit which means you can't get on the throttle. This isn't the car, in my opinion -- heck, my loosy goosy Miata would do it if you went into a tight corner too fast. Number two for them would be looking ahead -- that cuts down on extrenuous steering inputs and exiting a corner pointing in the wrong direction.
Not sure I could have said it better...

As for the stock alignment... can we change caster on a stock STi suspension? I was under the impression that it was not adjustable.

-Matt (Still a scooby-noob)
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Watkinsm3 is offline   Reply With Quote