Scooby Guru

Member#: 7321
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
.... 122 IggPoints
Work... ahhh... so tired.

Quote:
Originally posted by ImprezaRSfan!
ohh yes the version 6 engine is god, its far superior to the semi-closed version 7 engine in every possible way. All hail Scoobie Steve, with his powerfull version 6 engine
Quote:
Originally posted by Scoobie Steve
Get what you can find. Ver 7 heads better then Ver 6 RA??? Show me! AVCS is not all people make it out to be, just look at some dynos w/AVCS and without. The Ver 6 has a VF28 and the Ver 7 a VF30. They are very similar turbos but i think the VF28 is a better all round turbo, the vf30 only flows a few more CFM but the VF28 is ball bearing. Both engines have the same power making potential. RA gears kick azz! Will the Ver 7 intercooler fit in a GC?

Heads... ok here you go.

Small port, some v6s had them, some didnt

Large port all v 7 had them. The spec C had even bigger, and the spec C also has the better cam. The v7 cam is flat and lame.... I dont know anything about the v6 cam.

Fact is the difference between the ver6 and ver7 heads is just about null. The block is an open deck on the ver 6? I didnt know that..... But the ver6 will have a lot more miles and the lamer turbo. I would go ver 7. Lower miles, better turbo, easyer to tune, and you know whats inside the block. Besides the 6 speed is so much better.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
totoherbs is offline   Reply With Quote