this is from sisqocqk
Bulb condoms for the Hvac are .20 and you'll need 2-4 of them depending on model/year car. (mine needed 2 for my03 wrx)
You'll need about 10 (a couple extra) .12 or (.20 also work) size bulb condoms for the gauge cluster but it won't turn out so well because of the green film.
You'll need 1 .12 size cover for the keyring light (if your car has it)
And finally 2 (1 for each) .12 sizes covers for the cruise and fog switches.
I tried bulb condoms from partsexpress and it didn't work out too well at all!
Look at my writeup on I C L U B as i used DIRECT REPLACEMENT LEDs here:
* i never edited it but some of those are 'dead links'... instead goto http://www.autolumination.com/ as it is the same dealer of the same exact bulb(s)...just different name
My results are as follows (for bulb condoms and LEDs...yes i tried all the colors in each type)
In order of brightness.
In inst cluster with green film:
1) Green LEDs in the Inst panel
2) Blue LEDs in Inst panel
3) Amber LEDs in Inst panel
4) Red in Inst Panel (faint red/brown at best)
5) same order but with condoms
for the Hvac:
1)Red LEDs worked best
4) Blue LEDs
5) same order for bulb condoms
Any color will be fine because it's clear/opaque plastic
Any other questions just PM me nd i'll be more than happy to help.