View Single Post
Old 05-09-2004, 11:20 AM   #4
TV3WRX
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 8570
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
Scooby Newbie since...'83

I stopped in on my way back from Vegas to see the 4:45 spectator stage, and I have to say that it was pretty disappointing. We could not figure out why all the drivers were hitting the brakes before the jump....now I understand. The person I was with was asking me "why is this so slow? Is it always this slow?". The whole track was very low-speed; it looks to me like the lanes were 1/2 as wide as they needed to be. There was no room at all to get the car set for turns, so drivers just tiptoed through them.

The spectator stage at the Holiday Inn Palmdale in 2002 was far better. Lots of room. Hopefully the organizers will be able to improve on this new site for future years. I do still think the way they went about the schedule (having several spectator stages) is the right way to go, but it needs to be way more interesting, exciting.

Other comments: Hats off to Verdier; that guy is FAST. 5th overall in a PGT car...wow. Stage times were really incredible compared to N and Open cars. Also, it impressed me that Pastrana's stage times on day 2 were all faster than Ramana's, except one. The kid is learning fast.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
TV3WRX is offline   Reply With Quote