Mako
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 5770
Vehicle:
2000 Legacy Outback
Green with Stromung & CAI

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Avery
The left lane, from the drivers POV, was the offending jump. It was also the OUTSIDE lane in the first corner. All of the jump related DNFs were in that lane. I bet Seamus Burke was pissed!

The design of the track was stupid anyway. They put in a jump to give the spectators something to "wow" at, but they put it so close to the 1st corner that anyone who really attacked the jump wouldn't have enough braking room to make the corner. By Stage 11 everyone was tiptoeing over the jump. So much for the "wow."
You're correct on how to describe the lane; thanks for clarifying it.

You're also totally correct about how close the jump was to the first turn. Many people took the jump fast and then careened desperately to make the corner. The banzai Blazer, who probably flew 120 feet off that jump, if you recall he did go completely off the course as he tried to brake and make it back into the lane.

I'll say this about the track, at least there was _racing_ to watch. Remember last year at that soccer field? The start was LAME...putt-putt up that driveway and out of there. Woohoo. This was much, much better.

It also seemed spectator attendance was down? I know they charged this year (though I understand that, I think the venue was good! and it required rental money) but overall the stands on Saturday morning were fairly sparse, IMHO.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Mako is offline   Reply With Quote